Furniture Donation Network Code Of Conduct
Furniture Donation Network prides itself on maintaining its reputation for great quality service. That’s why we’ve developed the Furniture Donation Network Code of Conduct…
- On arrival, the Furniture Donation Network official collection partner will always confirm the first eight characters of your Booking Reference number – that way, you’ll know you’re dealing with the authorised charity chosen by you.
- Furniture Donation Network collection partners will always identify themselves and why they’re there – you can expect to hear the name of the charity chosen by you, the Booking Reference number and the fact that they’re there to collect your furniture donation.
- Our collection partners will not call at your property outside the time-slot you have arranged with us. If the collection needs to be rearranged for any reason, they’ll call you to make sure you know about it.
Furniture Donation Network supports the government’s ‘Lock, Stop, Chain and Check’ campaign:
Lock: Keep your front and back doors locked, even when at home.
Stop: Before you answer, stop to think if you are expecting anyone. Look through the spy hole or the window to see who it is.
Chain: If answering the door, keep the bar or chain on while you are talking to the person on the doorstep.
Check: If someone who looks official calls at your door, always make some checks. Can they tell you exactly why they are there? Do their details match any prior correspondence? Don’t feel embarrassed about keeping the bar or chain on your door while you ask questions.
Only let callers in when you are absolutely sure they are genuine.
Your safety and peace of mind are important to us, which is why Furniture Donation Network collection agents are happy to wait outside while you make checks.
- It’s our aim to provide you with a friendly, professional and efficient service at all times.
- We provide excellent service as standard. For this reason, our collection agents will never expect – or accept – gifts or tips.
- If we are unable to keep to the arranged time-slot for any reason, we will always let you know.
- We are an inclusive service and will always do our best to meet your needs – we’re happy to chat to you about how the Furniture Donation Network collection service can be improved.
- All Furniture Donation Network collection agents are happy to wear protective shoe covers in order to minimise the risk of damage to your home
- All Furniture Donation Network collection partners comply to the Waste Regulations 2011 and implement the waste hierarchy.
Furniture Donation Network cares about your views. If you have any comments, compliments or complaints we’d like to hear from you.
You can get in touch by phone on 01772 566556, by email at contact@FurnitureDonationNetwork.org or by post: Furniture Donation Network, Essex Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 1QE.