I) The person applying for the collection of items from Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner is hereinafter referred to as ‘Homeowner’.
II) The entity performing the collection on behalf of Furniture Donation Network as part of this agreement is hereinafter referred to as ‘Collection Partner’.
III) Your statutory rights are not affected.
1.It is the sole responsibility of Homeowner to ensure that all the correct details are entered onto Furniture Donation Network Internet form and submitted or given to Furniture Donation Network representative at the time of requesting the collection service.
- Please note all telephone calls to Furniture Donation Network are recorded for future reference, training and your security.
- Where furniture donations are not as described, and items are not suitable for reuse or resale, these items will not be collected.
- Condition and suitability for reuse or resale is at the sole discretion of Collection Partner vehicle driver or representative.
- Furniture Donation Network facilitates a lead generation between Homeowner and Collection Partner, matching a furniture donation with a collection service. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that a quality furniture product is complimented with a quality collection service, Furniture Donation Network cannot be held responsible for furniture condition or the collection service.
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations Furniture Donation Network are obliged to notify you that the service we provide begins as soon as the collection is scheduled, subsequently the ‘cooling off period’ finishes 48 hours prior to collection after which time the transaction cannot be amended or cancelled.
- Collection Partner reserves the right to charge a service payment for remote collections. In such circumstances Homeowner will be contacted by Collection Partner to confirm acceptance of the collection price and Homeowner shall be given the option to cancel the collection.
- We regret that Collection Partner is not able to enter your property unless you are present and coordinate the entire collection. Upon entering your property you accept full responsibility and liability for any damage that may occur. All items must be ready to collect at the agreed time and date.
- Items that are inaccessible or cannot physically fit through available doorways will not be collected.
- All collections are scheduled for 15 minutes to complete from arrival at the address given. In the event that the collection time exceeds 15 minutes due to inaccessibility, Homeowner not being present, item(s) requiring disassembly or inability to confirm collection reference number, Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel the collection.
- Collections vehicles must be able to park within 25 metres of the items to be collected.
- Collection Partners will not collect items that require handling up or down stairs without prior agreement with Homeowner.
- We cannot make specific times for collection beyond AM or PM collection periods. If Homeowner has selected the ‘call on way’ option at the time of booking, Collection Partner will endeavour to call at least 15 minutes prior to collection to confirm a more accurate collection time.
- The size/weight of items is restricted by what can be safely transported by two personnel.
- In the unlikely event that Collection Partner are unable to make the collection, Collection Partner will refund any service payment in full or re-schedule the collection at a mutually convenient time with Homeowner.
- In no circumstances shall Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner be made responsible for any failed collections due to reasons beyond our control. In such cases any service payment made shall be refunded in full by Collection Partner, provided that the failure is through no fault of Homeowner.
- Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner liability is strictly limited to a full refund of any service payment only and no claims for damages, interest on money paid or any other expenses shall be entertained; whether or not Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner has been made aware of these items.
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure the collection time on site does not exceed 15 minutes, Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner cannot guarantee any specific time period for the entire collection to be completed.
- All service payments charged by Collection Partner exclude VAT unless otherwise indicated.
- In the event that Homeowner is not present at the agreed time of collection, Collection Partner reserves the right to charge a service payment to a maximum of £30.00 to cover administration costs.
- In the event that Homeowner fails to respond to correspondence, Furniture Donation Network or Collection Partner reserves the right to postpone the collection.
- No verbal conditions or guarantees expressed or implied shall have effect on these terms and conditions unless written and initialled by one of the Trustees of Recycling Lives (UK) Limited.
- Furniture Donation Network reserves the right to transmit all or part of the recorded telephone call to Homeowner or a third party at our discretion, recordings remain the property of Furniture Donation Network at all times. Recordings are routinely kept for one calendar month; subsequently all queries should be brought to the attention of Furniture Donation Network within this period. At our discretion and subject to the above time constraint, Furniture Donation Network may supply a copy of a conversation to Homeowner.
- If any term, provision, covenant or condition of this agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected, impaired or invalidated.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in respect of the collection.
- This agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with English Law each party thereto submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give we can currently claim an extra 25p from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, helping your donation go further.
By signing up to Gift Aid you are confirming:
1.That you wish Recycling Lives (UK) Ltd to act as your agent in selling the goods you have donated. N.B. We reserve the right to terminate the agency agreement at any time.
- That you are a UK tax payer, and that you agree to Recycling Lives (UK) claiming tax on all donations you have made for the six years prior to this year (but no earlier than 6th April 2000), and to treat all donations you make from the date of this declaration as Gift Aid donations (until you notify us otherwise or either party terminates the agreement).
- That you pay an amount of income and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that we reclaim on your donations in the appropriate tax year.
- That you are not acting as a business in donating goods in for sale to any of the shops or online portals belonging to Recycling Lives (UK).
For more information, please read our FAQ.